Classic Najaf restaurants chicken 65 Gravy lets you have a throw back Thursday and reminisce the taste of it ,, this twin recipe shared by my friend will help you remember the old times with parotta and chicken 65 gravy from that restaurant.This recipe doesn’t require onions it’s a quick and easy recipe
big bowl, chopping board, deep pan
- Chicken cut into pieces-1 1/2 kg
- Yoghurt/Sour cream(It shouldn’t be too sour.For dry gravy, reduce the amount of yoghurt)-2cup
- Tomato Ketchup(According to taste)- 7 to 8 Tblspns
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar(optional)- 1 tsp
- Garlic-15 Cloves
- Ginger-1 1/2 inch pcs
- Soya Sauce-2 Tblspn
- Green Chilly-4
- Few Curry Leaves
- Coriander leaves or spring onion for garnishing
- Kashmiri Red chilly powder-1 ¼ tbsp
- Coriander powder-1/4 tbsp
How to Cook!
- Blend yogurt, soy sauce, salt, garlic, ginger, chilly powder and coriander powder in a blender until garlic and ginger are well ground.
- Cut the chicken and wash and let it drain.Pour the blended mixture into the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Then squeeze each chicken piece to remove the excess marinade from it (keep this excess marinade for gravy)and shallow fry the chicken until half done.Take out from the pan and keep it on a plate.Do not drain in a kitchen towel.
- Now take another pan and melt butter in medium flame.Add green chillies and curry leaves to it and saute until the aroma comes.Add the marinade to it and heat it stirring continuously.Do not let it boil.
- When it is about to boil, add the tomato ketchup to it and stir well and let it boil.Once it boils, cook for 2 more minutes stirring continuously and add the chicken into it.Now add in sugar (if using, I didn’t use) into the gravy.
- Boil and let it cook on low flame for about 5 minutes.Check the taste to see if any more sweetness or sourness is required.If sourness is required add ketchup and if sweetness is required, add little ketchup with sugar.Off the flame and put the coriander leaves or spring onion on top of it, serve with parotta, nan, chapati or ghee rice.