Caramel semiya payasam is a crazy and crunchy twist to our traditional semiya payasam. This is superb easy and yummy. It taste like heaven. Come lets cook it together.
- Sugar | 1/4 cup
- Butter | 2 tbsp
- Milk | 1 litre
- Roasted vermicelli | 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence | 1/4 tsp
- Roasted almonds | 8- 10
- Butterscotch crunch | for topping
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Heat a sauce pan / nonstick pan at very low flame and add sugar into it.
- Let the sugar caramalise to golden brown colour.
- Carefully stir the sugar and dont allow it to burn.
- Then add butter into it, stir and combine well.
Step – 2
- Now we need to add milk little by little by continuously stirring the sauce, Incorporate everything nicely.
- Then turn the flame to high and add roasted vermicelli into it.
- Let the milk boils and vermicelli cook in this.(it would take around 10 min)
- Now add vanilla essence. Mix well.
Step – 3
- Continuously stir the payasam until it condense and reach your required consistency .
- Add roasted almonds and give a mix .
- Turn off the flame and transfer this goodness in to a serving bowl.
- Top it with some very tasty butterscotch crunches and enjoy