Butter chicken or chicken makhani is an Indian subcontinental dish.It is superbly delicious and creamy.
This is a very simple recipe which tastes too good with chappati, naan and lot more
- Chicken-1/2 kg
- Ginger-1 tablespoon
- Garlic-1 tablespoon
- Cashew-1/2 cup
- Water-1/2 cup
- Butter-1/2 cup
- Chilly powder-1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek leaves-1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf-1
How to Cook!
- Marinate the chicken with salt and chilly powder for 30 minutes
- Boil tomatoes and peel it.
- Take 1 tablespoon butter and keep it aside.Using the remaining butter fry onion, ginger, and garlic.
- Make a paste of tomato, ginger, garlic, and onion using a grinder.
- Half fry the chicken in the same butter.
- Take the 1 tablespoon butter in a pan and add cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon and cardamom into it.
- Then add paste and water to it.
- When it boils, add chicken to it and give a good mix.Here you can add salt if needed.
- Put the flame on low and close the dish with a lid and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Make a paste with cashews and add to it.
- Cook it for 2 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Add fenugreek leaves and mix well.