Among Indian desserts Gulab Jamun is my all time favourite. Traditionally it is made with koya(a milk product). Nowadays people make it with milk powder-a easier way. But I am gonna share the easiest way. Gulab jamuns made from bread, they are delicious and mouth watering dessert. So lets start…..
- Bread | 12 slices
- Full fat milk | 3/4 cup
- Sugar | 1 1/2cup
- Water | 2 cup
- Cardamom | 2-3
- Oil | for frying
- Saffron strands | 1 pinch
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Add water and sugar into a pan. Boil it for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cardamom and reduce the flame.
Step – 2
- Cut the sides of the bread and crush it into small pieces.
- Gradually add milk and make smooth dough using hands.
Step – 3
- Make 12 small balls out of bread dough.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the balls in low flame until golden brown.
Step – 4
- Once the sugar water gets reduced, add fried gulab jamuns and boil it for 2 -3 mins.
- Turn off the flame, add saffron strands and wait for 30 minutes before serve.