The very first thing that came before us when thinking about south Indian food is hot masala dosas with chutney and sambar. The thin and crispy dosas infused with hot masalas is a treat for your mouth.
The very first thing to remember before stating to make masala dosas are , greater the size .. greater it taste…
so lets start making my favorite masala dosas…
45 min Min
- Raw rice | 2 cups
- Uraad daal | 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds | 1 tsp
- Salt | to taste
- Water | as required
For Beetroot Masala
- Potato | 1
- Carrot | 1
- Beetroot | 1
- Onion (big) | 1
- Green chillies | 2
- Ginger | 1 piece
- Garlic | 2-4 cloves
- Cumin | 1 tsp
- Oil | 2 tbsp
- Termeric powder | 1/4 tsp
- Corriander powder | 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder | 1/4 tsp
- Water | 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves
- Corriander leaves
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Soak rawrice and fenugreek greek together in enough water.
- Soak uraad dal in separately
- Soak the above two around 6 hours
Step – 2
- Grind well soaked rawrice and uraad dal adding enough water and salt.
- Make a smooth batter out of it and Keep aside the batter overnight.
Step – 3
- In a deep pan, put oil and add cumin seeds.
- To this, add sliced onion and soat for a while until golden brown.
- Make a smooth paste out of ginger, garlic and chillies and add this to the onion and soat.
- Cut carrot, beetroot and potato in to small pieces.
- Add these veggies in to the pan.
- Add salt, termeric powder, chilli powder, corriander powder and give a mix.
- Add water and close the lid and cook.
- When the veegies are cooked, add curry leaves and corriander leaves in to it and give a mix.Keep it aside.
Step – 4
- Rub some oil over a big fry pan.
- Take out the dosa batter and make big and thin dosa out of it.
- Put the prepared masala over inside the hot dosas and give a fold.
- Serve hot masala dosa with chutney and sambar.