Idli is a basic south Indian Breakfast recipe. Here is the basic recipe of Idli for children.The colour and little sweetness of beetroot attracts the kids to stay healthy and fit…So lets start..
- Raw Rice(White Rice)- 2 Cups
- Urad Dal – 1 Cup
- Cooked Rice – 2 tbsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
- Grated Beetroot – 1 small.
How to Cook!
- Soak rice in some water in a bowl
- At the same time soak ural dal and fenugreek in some water in another bowl.
- Soak about 6 hours.
- Grind soaked rice and cooked rice in to a smooth batter.
- Grind soaked uraal daal nicely.
- Mix the two batters and keep over overnight.
- The batter quantity will increase by the next day.
- Mix salt to the thick batter.
- You can either mix the grated beetroot at this stage or you can skip the mixing of grated beetroot.
- Brush some oil in the Idli vessel.
- Put grated beetroot as first layer.
- Pour Idli batter above this and cook for 10 min.