Among meats, Beef has its own unique smell and taste. And this uniqueness of beef together with Indian spices makes the beef biriyani delicious and superlicious.
Grinder, Deep pan , fry pan , Cooking Spoons.
- Beef – 1 kg
- Onion – 2 (Big)
- Tomatoes- 3
- Green Chillies – 5
- Ginger – Medium Sized
- Garlic – 2 nos
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Corriander leaves
- Coconut Oil – 2 tbsp
- Rice – 4 Cups
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Onion – 1 (Small)
- Water – 6 cups
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Cashew Nuts
- Onions – 1 (sliced thin)
How to Cook!
- In a Pressure cooker , add beef (cleaned big pieces), salt,. turmeric powder ,Corriander Powder and give a mix.
- Cook the beef for 30 min.
- In a fry pan, Add oil and chopped onion.
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chillies in to a paste.
- After the onion turns brown in colour ,add the paste in to this and cook until the raw smell is gone.
- Add tomatoes and curry leaves to the above and give a mix.
- Add cooked mutton, garam masala and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Cook the masala by closing the lid around 5 minutes.
- In a deep pan, add ghee and roast the chopped onion for a minute.
- To this add rice (washed and strained) and fry for 5 min (In low flame).
- To this add boiled water and salt and give a mix.
- When the water gets drained, add lemon juice and cook the rice closing the lid.
- Fry Onion, Cashew and raisins in a pan.
- Layer the rice, fried onions and beef masala in a deep pan and dum the biriyani for 5 min.
- Place a lid above the stove and place the pan above it.
- Air tight the lid of the pan and cook until the steam touches the lid.