Banana cake is a perfect blend of plantain and soaked dates which increases metabolism and keep us energetic.Banana cake is the perfect partner for a cup of tea which needs no frosting.The soft and chewy texture of the plantain cake adds to its taste.So let’s get started…
Electric Oven, Blender, Hand Mixer
- Ripen plantain | 1 medium size
- Dates | 1 cup
- Egg | 3 nos
- Sugar | 1/2 cup
- Flour | 1/2 cup
- Baking powder | 1/2 tsp
- Oil | 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence | 2 drops
- Ghee | 1 tbsp
- Grated coconut | 2 tbsp
- Crushed cashew n badam | 2 tbsp
- Raisins | 2 tbsp
How to Cook!
- Cut ripen plantain into small pieces and put it in a steamer for 15 min.
- Soak pitted dates in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add grated coconut and nuts, saute until golden. Keep it aside.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Keep it ready.
- Take a blender, add soaked dates and steamed plantain, blend it to paste.
- Using a hand mixer, beat egg and sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually add dates plantain paste and oil, beat until well combined.
- Add vanilla essence. Blend it for 2 minutes.
- Add sifted flour mixture to the batter and slowly fold.
- Now add roasted nuts and coconut. Slowly mix it.
- Pour the batter into a Butter lined cake pan.
- Sprinkle raisins over it and bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes.