Vazha Koombu or Banana Flower or Banana blossom is rich in vitamins and minerals and it is best recommended to have during the menstrual period for ladies. It also boosts supply of milk for nursing mothers.. So why waiting for ladies… Stay healthy with this simple and delicious recipe…
- Finley Chopped Vazhakoombu or Banana blossom – 1 (Medium Sized)
- Grated Coconut – ½ Cup
- Garlic – 1
- Chopped Shallots – 2 tbsp
- Dried Red Chilly – 4 nos
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves
How to Cook!
- In a Pan add oil and sauté garlic and dried red chilly for a minute.
- Add and saute shallot, grated coconut, and curry leaves until dry.
- Add turmeric powder and salt and give a mix.
- Add chopped vazha koombu into this and give a nice mix.
- Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes in very low flame.
- When the thoran is cooked completely, serve with rice and enjoy