Samosas are one of the famous street food snack. They are crispy,tasty and delicious. Often they are deep fried with large amount of calories. Lets make a healthier version of it.
Baked samosa are fifty percentage more healthier than fried ones. They contain very little amount of oil. And they are crisp and delicious too. So lets start.
For masala filling
- Chicken-1/2 cup(shredded and cooked)
- Ginger-garlic paste-1tablespoon
- Green chilly paste-1tablespoon
- Garam masala-1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder-1/4teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- oil-1 tablespoon
For the dough
- Maida-2 cup
- Water-as per requirement.(taken approximately 1/2 cup of water)
- Salt-to taste
- Mash the cooked potatoes.
- Take a cooking pan and add oil in to it
- Add sliced onions ,salt and cook until it is translucent.
- Then add gg paste and green chilly paste.cook it for 3 minutes
- shredded chicken and mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder and garam masala and give a good mix.
- Take a bowl and combine maida and butter
- Add enough water and kneed it to a firm dough
- Make 10 balls from this dough and roll with a rolling stick.
- Cut squares out of each dough balls
- Take a squared dough and fold it’s edges towards the center
- Flip this sheet to the other side.Take masala filling and place it in the center
- Again fold the edges to the center and seal it
- Flip the samosa and open the first folded edges.Now your samosa will look like flowers.You can also make cone samosa out of this.It’s all your choice.
- Brush these samosas with egg and oil and bake it for 30-35 minutes on a preheated oven at 180c.