Ari unda is an authentic snack item of kerala. Piping a hot tea with ari unda is one of the nostalgic experience of every malayalees. Even stealing this from closed containers are one among my childhood memory. Ari unda is a simple and easy snack which can be prepared in no time. So lets start making….
- Parboiled rice | 1 cup
- Grated coconut | 1 cup
- Jaggery | 3/4 cup
- Water | 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder | 1 tsp
- Ghee | 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts | 1/2 cup
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Wash the rice well.
- Roast the rice until puffed , cracked and golden brown.
- Let it cool down.
- Grind in to fine powder and keep it aside.
Step – 2
- Melt jaggery by adding water in a bowl.Strain the mixture.
- In a pan, add melted jaggery and grated coconut together. Cook for 5 minutes.
Step – 3
- In a pan, add ghee and add cashew nuts and fry.
Step – 4
- Mix grounded rice, jaggery and cashew nuts in a large bowl.
- Make small balls out of it. and Serve with a cup of tea.
- When making balls, make sure that the mixture is hot.
- Dont press hard while making balls.
- Ari unda can be stores for 2 weeks in an air tight container.