2 – Ingredients sweet potato balls
Sweet potato is a powerhouse of nutrients making it sweet in all departments. This sweet potato balls recipe will become your favorite recipe of sweet potatoes even though it has only two ingredients.
Sweet potatoes are really beneficial for your overall health. It protects against cancer, helps to maintain your blood pressure and has many more health benefits. It has more nutrients than a regular potato but with lesser calories. Sweet potatoes are a rich source of vitamin A. It also contains high amount of fibers and potassium.
For Sweet potato balls
- Sweet potatoes – ½ kg
- Coconut – ½ (grated)
- Sugar – 4 to 5 tbsp (optional)
How to Cook!
Step – 1
- Wash the sweet potatoes properly to remove all the dirt and dust from the skin.
Step – 2
- In a vessel take enough water to boil the sweet potatoes.
- Add little salt to the water.
- Put the sweet potatoes in the water and cook until they are cooked. (It needs to be mashed later on, so cook accordingly.)
- Don’t overcook the sweet potatoes as it can affect the taste, texture as well as remove the nutrients.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the water and allow cooling down a little.
Step – 3
- Mash the sweet potatoes. (I prefer using a fork.)
- Once it is mashed and void of any big pieces add the grated coconut and sugar (optional).
- Mix everything properly.
Step – 4
- Make balls the size of a laddoo.
- Enjoy your powerhouse of nutrients, sweet potato balls.